Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July

Life goes on here in MO. It has been hot and humid (much to Aaron's dismay and Mel's pleasure).

Aaron keeps busy with his church responsibility of being Elder's Quorum President. He has been without counselors for maybe a month or so. Busy busy busy. But I think we are starting to have hope of having a couple elders being called pretty soon. The hard thing about living in a military ward is that all the men are deployed!

I keep busy with Kai. He's a ton of fun and such a happy, busy boy. His favorites are kind of changing a little. He used to LOVE granola bar wrappers and anything else that crinkled. Now it seems he likes things with long handles... wooden spoons, measuring cups, sticks. He'd also play happily all day with anything electronic if I let him. His number one choice being my cell phone. He water logs it pretty good though, so I don't let him play with it anymore.

As you can see, he loves to eat. I feel like we spend half the day just trying to feed him and keep that tiny tummy full! We make his baby food so that keeps us busy. But I sure like knowing what he's eating and where it came from! I'd love to feed him all organics, but WalMart has pretty slim pickins so we just stick with the regular stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mel bel!! I think you may have just created a new way for us to keep in touch! Since the family letter seems to have fallen by the wayside...
This is great!! I cant believe how big he's getting!! I have never seen a kid with such big eyes!!
Too cute!!
Love ya!!
Danna

AmyJ said...

Glad you finally caved. Now I can "see" you guys whenever I want. Now we just need to talk Mono into it.

c. said...

He is so cute and grown so much It was good to see pics of all of you.I think i like the blogging thing Love you lots carolyn

Books either of us is reading ...

  • Team of Rivals
  • Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding
  • Cabellas Spring catalog
  • Parents Magazine (but i don't care for it)
  • The Book of Mormon