Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009!

Hooray! My friend (my hero), Olya, taught me how to add pictures so that people can click on them and see them full size!
Kai got the puzzle from her, and we didn't really get pictures of him opening his birthday presents, because he didn't really open them, we did, and he just kind of watched and wanted to walk around with his birthday cards ---------->





Happy New Year! wow, 2009 already... do you know how many times the world should have ended by now?? :)



*sigh* resolutions... i know I want to make them. but what should they be? That's the part that has me stuck at the moment. I want to start painting again. I think I will make that one of my goals. If I wanted to be more specific, I could talk about details such as, paint how often, or how many paintings? What is my specific plan to reach that goal? etc. etc. But, that's too much thought for one night. But the fun part about having this as one of my goals is that I will most likely need to buy supplies! Woohoo!! new paints, color wheel, and new brushes, here I come! Hope Aaron doesn't have a goal of saving money!! ;)



Speaking of Aaron, he is doing well. Well, he's actually sick at the moment. But well enough that he let me get a 30 minute nap in tonight while he read stories to and played with Kai. Isn't he great??



Kai is doing GREAT! He is over his dairy allergy! Woohooooooo! Ice cream for all! It's kind of strange to just all of a sudden be able to eat dairy again. I always feel like I'm doing something naughty. It's been fun to slowly introduce Kai to yogurt, cheese, and other yummy-licious things made with butter and milk (like pancakes- which he's not too crazy about). He is WALKING! Hooray! Too much fun! Although, he did take a nose dive into the cement the other day and got a nasty scrape on his nose. But he's a tough boy and it's healing well.



Holy made in China! Is anyone else out there sick and tired of Everything being made in China? I won't go into this, but I will say that it would be nice if we supported our own economy some time.



I hope you all had a great Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with some friends from church and had a tasty breakfast of crapes, eggs, and sausage for dinner. Christmas day was spent with our friend's from Aaron's work. It was nice to be with some one's family since we couldn't be with our own! Kai got to open presents throughout the day, and by the end he was catching on and having a good time :)



Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

AmyJ said...

Yeah! I'm the first to comment. You lucked out not spending Christmas with us, we all got the flu! Where's the pics of Kai opening presents? Did you get him a box?

Diana said...

Congrats on getting back into painting! Make time for it and have fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Im a hero!!!!!Yay!!!
seriously.i was yhinking nthe other day,it would be nice to see smth that doesnt say made in china:(I understand you.
And,hey,Mel,you didnt tell me you used to paint...or did you??.....

MissouriMormonMama said...

Sounds like you have been staying busy ( : I agree with the China thing- we really should walk more, we could have all sorts of interesting conversations ( : And YEAH!! for no more milk allergy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel
How are you?
We made it ok.Its cold here.I have a jet lag.I sleep and sleep and sleep.
What you guys been up to?

Books either of us is reading ...

  • Team of Rivals
  • Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding
  • Cabellas Spring catalog
  • Parents Magazine (but i don't care for it)
  • The Book of Mormon