Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THAT time of year

A VIDEO!

This is Kai ohhhh... back in December when he was just starting to walk! So fun! He's a pro now :) I hope you can watch the video!




Not much is going on right now. OH! It snowed a whole inch last night and Aaron got the day off work for it today! WOOHOO! I guess the roads were pretty icy. It's been snowing all day today... we have several inches out there. We took Kai out in it for a few minutes and he didn't stop smiling! I wish I had a picture, but the batteries were dead! (of course)



<--------- We had a NICE day in January and got to go play in the dirt :) Kai had fun. He likes to put all things sticky or dirty in his hair for some reason.

Little Cutie :)

Crazy Kai with his 'Crazy Cow'


It's that time of year... T A X T I M E. It sucks, I know. We chose to use turbo tax this year. We didn't mind the $9.95 fee to file our federal taxes. BUT, if we wanted to use them for state, that $9.95 becomes $14.95. And then there's the $29.95 fee JUST for transferring all your data over from the fed form to the state form. I'm sure there was one other fee, just can't think of it. Anyhow, to say the least, we opted to file state ourselves.

It's also the PINK time of year. Can I tell you that I realllllly don't like going to WalMart ever. BUT, if you go anytime after Christmas they are sporting Everything Valentine's Day. It's disgusting. I'm still enjoying the wintry, Christmas time of year! It really makes me sick and I'm sure I roll my eyes as I walk (briskly) past the promo isle that is top to bottom pink.
Yes, more toys have been recalled due to lead poisoning hazards. I keep hearing about this new law that requires so much testing on toys and products. That's good, fine. But will that really change the way China does business? Why not kick the problem in the butt where it begins? Why not stop buying from China (or at least threaten it) until they shape up and adhere to our standards? And don't we have any kind of Quality Control over there as they are MAKING the products? Now, I know there is a LOT that I don't know that factors in to this whole mess. But I'm sure I can't be too wrong when I say that something needs to be done.

Kai keeps getting his sign language mixed up. He know 3 signs: more, eat, all done. He's got all done down pat. But he uses 'more' more like a 'please'. I don't get it because I Only use it when he's in his highchair eating. But he'll do it on the diaper table when he wants down, or in his crib and wants out, or wants a specific toy... any tips on how to help him learn this better??
I hope you all had a great start to your new year! Thanks for stopping by. and leave a comment!! I love hearing your thoughts about my thoughts!
If you have some spare time and want to play around a bit, check out this site: http://www.thinkdraw.com/ It is WAY fun! A great way to spend your time while you avoid the more importhing things you should be doing :) If you see anything by 'lillyt', that's me :)



















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, what will you do if you have a girl! All that pink! =)

happyohana3 said...

good question! i guess she'll have to wear camo or something... :)

AmyJ said...

What's wrong with pink? We have lots of it at our house. Kai is doing so good! Let me be the first to say"It's time for another one" cuz you're going to start hearing it now.

happyohana3 said...

well, no one should hold their breath on that one, Amy! I'm enjoying my sleep (finally) too well at night right now!!!

mlegg said...

mel check out Baby signing time. Amy has it for shelby and she loves it.

Books either of us is reading ...

  • Team of Rivals
  • Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding
  • Cabellas Spring catalog
  • Parents Magazine (but i don't care for it)
  • The Book of Mormon